Banner

Banner

Monday, January 21, 2013

Snapshots of January

January start out with a bang. Organization, cleaning, Purging, And new goals were set for our family, spiritually and physically. Monster turn 5 on January 9th. So much of my life has changed in  5 years. Thankfully, is changed for the best.
Monster is bright eyed now with questions every moment about everything. He's so inquisitive that he must know how everything works and why everything is. which requires me to think about things that I have never thought about. And it also requires me to come up with an answer that usually I don't know. He had an awesome birthday party at my father's house. It was cowboy themed. We cooked chili over an open fire and enjoyed the open space that we don't have much of at our house. We stayed late until almost everyone left and roasted marshmallows over the fire and played in the dark with glow sticks. It was lovely! It's been a long time since I've just been still with my family.
This past week while the rest of the country was under blanket of snow,we were hit with un seasonable warmth. The kids actually played in the pool! It really was a lovely gift. You could smells spring right on the edge! But today it has gone back to its January self and it's quite chilly . the kids are all bundled up and the heat is on.
Wuwu Is so mobile now ! She's repeating many words. And absolutely adores her brother however, she is learning that if she fights back she can usually get what she wants .
As for Papa Higley , he and my father built and just put in new cabinets and shelving for me in the kitchen. which is a great blessing considering have absolutely no storage in my tiny, tiny kitchen! I'm looking forward to finishing the painting ,hanging a chandelier and putting in the flooring in my kitchen. I love my house but it's starting not to rise up to meet me, as Oprah  would say. I'm looking for February and the wonderful adventures it will take us. Hope you have had a wonderful January as it is the start of the new year!
Lots of love- the Higleys

1 comment: