Banner

Banner

Saturday, April 23, 2011

We did it!!


Well, here we are! 12 weeks pregnant with our second child. You know how they say every pregnancy if different? Well, they ain't lyin! The first trimester was a breeze. The sixth week of pregnancy was not so great due to a nasty virus that Niko so graciously shared with me. It was alwful! I ended up going the the ER twice. But we survived, thank god. At one point I wasn't so sure we were going to make it out alive.

As for morning sickness, there has only been just bit. But, instead of dwelling in my misery,I have found myself feeling so grateful and honored to have it. And as crazy as it sounds a bit excited when I began to feel it coming on. So many things are different this time. I remember with Nikos pregnancy I could not even look at a banana, now I can't get enough of the taste of them. Also I'm not a sleepy as I was during the first trimester with Niko. To be honest I feel amazing!!

On Thursday we had our first prenatal appointment where we here our little ones heartbeat for the first time. I am so grateful that Michael was able to be there and witness it was well. Both our eyes filled with tears as we heard that little fast sound of the sweetest thumping you will ever hear. We did video tape it so I will post it as soon as I have it on my computer.

Surprisingly, I am starting to really push the limits on the pants now. I don't remember if i was wearing maternity clothes by now with Niko but, I sure need to now! defiantly getting that baby bump!

Niko and I have reading A Child Is Born before he goes to bed. He points to the 8 week fetus and say "fish". And if you ask him if he wants a bubba or sissy he'll say sissy every time. He also has been helpful with picking out names, like this weeks have been ...
Girl: Puppy Dog
Boy: Nemo
Girl: Zebra Cake
Boy: Thomas ( as in the train)

We will consider all his thoughtfully put suggestion very carefully but until we need to make a decision keep em comin ,Niko ! We hope that all of you continue to join us on this amazing journey with us. Much love and light, Beth, Mike & Niko.

No comments:

Post a Comment