Banner

Banner

Friday, May 6, 2011

Week 13 in review.

URGH!!! When is the morning sickness going to stop?! Actually I don't really mind it. But, man, it sure has become an inconvenience for me. At least Niko is finding great joy in the fact that I get sick. when make him a peanut butter sandwich for his lunch in the morning always ends up me puking in the trashcan or off the back porch, all the mean while Niko is laughing so hard he is in tears. It's the sound that cracks him up.

It's so funny, it will strike out of no where and have me running to the nearest trash can, toilet, pan, pot , or ground. I just will be talking to Mike and all of a sudden I will be gagging loudly, mind you, and running to the bathroom. At this point I think it is best to invest into some trash cans to put in each room because I feel like its not going to give up any time soon.

I have been researching cloth diapers , comparing , and reading reviews this week. Cloth diapers are the way to go for many reason finical, health,  and environmental. I mean really... when you consider all the benefits it just makes sense! We have about 6 cloth "old school" pre-folds by Gerber. You know, the one your mom used. They do work but I don't like the pens, folding, and those awful crunchy diaper covers. It look like the best diaper with the best reviews are the Fuzzi Bunz. They have adjustable leg  and waist openings that will fit a newborn to potty. It is going to cost me about $550  for a set of 30. It sounds like a lot, right? Well, its not!! Here is a break down or what I have paid for the past three and a half on disposable diapers for Niko:
DISPOSABLE DIAPERS (all numbers approx.)
- average cost per bag: $18.oo
- average number of diapers per bag: 50
- average number of diapers used per day: 8
- average length of each bag of diapers: 6 days
- average bags needed per month: 5
- average monthly cost on disposable diapers: $90.

- average yearly cost on disposable diapers: $1080
- average length of time baby/toddler in diapers: 3 years
- Average cost of disposable diapers for diapering lifetime: $3240 !   


Now, that is a lot more then the $550, don't you think? If any of my readers like or dislike Fuzzi Bunz please comment and let me know what you think. 

We have been talking about the baby's room a lot this week and we have come up with some awesome, low cost ideas. A big need for the room is a twin bed. When looking for a mattress, box spring , and daybed frame, we are looking at spending $600. That's  my whole budget!!! So, it's time to get crafty in this B! So, here's whats gonna go down...

To see what it will more really look like click here.
Also I found the most awesome night light here. Be sure to watch the youtube video by clicking the middle picture.
We found this tutorial to make this chandler.  I LOVE it but I will be having a friend who is a electrician help me make it. Electricity + me = bad news. 
 And last here are the fabric that will be the crib bedding.
 And ,what else? Oh, the top running baby names are...
Briar  Girl/boy
Ash    Girl/boy
Soliel Girl
Brezlyn Girl/boy
Greenlee Girl/ boy
River Girl/boy
Deaclan Boy
Amor Girl

Hope everyone has a good weekend and all Mamas have a great Mother's Day!

2 comments:

  1. Hey girl I love reading you blogs!! I wouldn't buy 30 of one brand because you may not like them and some babies (it is rare) are allergic to microfleece. Check out www.dirtydiaperlaundry.com it is my favorite blog/review site for cloth diapers there are 100+ brands with video reviews and feedback. The site is done by an organic mama and I really love how thorough she is with her product information. Also there are trial packs you can try before you buy several different brands and styles ie. AIO AI2 Prefold etc. Here are a few sites that do this and can explain it further http://jilliansdrawers.com/products/clothdiapers/tryclothfor10 , http://www.diaperdaisy.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=374 and http://www.momsmilkboutique.com/Cloth_Diaper_Trial_Packages_145_cat.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Melanie! I will check those sites out!Like right now! :-)

    ReplyDelete